Sunday, November 27, 2016

Being Positive and Proactive

Dear Friends,
As I have been walking along this path that God has set before me, I have found that even when it all goes wrong He is still great.  I find that I get tired of writing about negative things all of the time, it is both draining to you but to myself as well. Even though I could put many things up on this blog about negative things, I have decided I wont.
So, lets look at the goodness and greatness of what God has been doing.  The most exciting is that I have a wonderful family, with a wife who I know loves me.  I am also going to get to co-teach a Pastoral Care and Counseling extension class. The local SBC Association is administering it for MBTS and we have a great DOM and Association. If you know me, you know that I am very hands on, I love to teach and I loved to be involved with people.  Only God could have set this in my path because so many hurdles had to be jumped and it was done by so many others.
Another thing that I am excited about but hasn't happened yet is that I have put in some applications for online teaching jobs.  These would be great if they worked out both financially but also would add some fun.  Remember though pray for my family and myself, just as I  pray for those whom I know and for everyone in general.  Though if you need more pray let me know, I do love direct prayer for people whom I care for.  Love you all...

I have decided to become involved in some specific issues in Nebraska.
1.  I am against the "Die with Dignity Laws" that are being introduced across the country.  We have a      state senator here who has introduced it for the last several years and will continue to do so.  This        is a slippery slope and people are misinformed.
2.  My family and I are going to get involved in the anti-abortion movement in Omaha Metro area.          Prayer is going to be our biggest weapon but we wish to show our children how to be active in our      faith.
3.  My children wish to be involved more with the homeless problem in the Omaha Metro area.                Haven't exactly figured out how to do this but my heart swells with there express of compassion          for those without and in need.
4.  This is one that I have been involved with for a few years.  Its two parts, first being the treatment        of the poor when they die. Secondly, getting green burials legalized in the state of Nebraska .

No comments: